MAKING SENSE OF DATA

No matter how very interesting the data, we need a compelling story to make sense of it. Through thefuturestory, we’ve explored how stories turn ‘know-nothing’ data into ‘know-why’ wisdom, and cited Obama in seeing data and information as ‘tools for individual empowerment.’

 
 

LOYALTY THROUGH DOING GOOD

Never mind your company’s brand, what about your own? What future is there for price loyalty when people are changing jobs more and more often? We’ve learned how companies can genuinely engage employees by being good employers with values that relate directly to real people and their communities. 

 
 
 

The real worth of an employee’s relationship with their company is shown when a company’s values are matched to real people and they have strong stories behind them.

 
 
 

SUCCESS THROUGH HAPPINESS

So, how are you doing? Does your life have meaning and, if so, do close friends make a difference? WE’VE LOOKED AT WHAT MAKES US HAPPY AND HOW A HAPPY PERSON CAN MAKE AN IMPACT AT WORK. 

 
 
 

Regardless of gender or ethnicity, these five dimensions of the PERMA model will measure how flourishing you are as an individual.

 
 
 

Just 17% of people across the globe would say they’re flourishing, leaving 83% that say they’re not doing so well. 

 

LOTS OF GREAT SPEAKERS

Facilitator: Stuart Rock, Business editor and writer


WHAT'S NEXT... THE 100-YEAR CAREER!

There are many reasons to think further ahead and a 21-year old entering the UK employment market could now expect to have up to 20 different jobs in their working life. Join us at our next thefuturestory event in october to discover how rapidly changing work life balance, brand loyalty, longer lives and digital innovation will influence the future of work...

 
 
 
 

OUR FUTURE IN YOUR HANDS

Help shape the conversation for the next event on Thursday 8th October 2015 by completing this quick survey.

#thefuturestory