1. 'The moment you doubt whether you can fly, you cease forever to be able to do it' – J.M. Barrie, Peter Pan
It’s important never to doubt your skill set, whether you think you are capable of something or not there is no harm in giving your all, and seeing what you learn, because you might surprise yourself. If you don’t take the leap then you’ll never know whether you could have succeeded.
2. 'I am not afraid of storms, for I am learning how to sail my ship' – Louisa May Alcott, Little Women
We are all always learning so don’t be afraid of making mistakes.
3. 'You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose' – Dr Seuss, Oh, the Places You’ll Go!
Have ambition and remember that those hopes are achievable, but you are the only person that can make them happen.
4. 'In every job that must be done, there is an element of fun. You find the fun, and the job’s a game – P. L. Travers, Mary Poppins
A simple one. Work doesn’t have to be a drag, find the fun where you can and relish in it.
5. 'The true courage is in facing danger when you are afraid' – Lyman Frank Baum, The Wonderful Wizard of Oz
Risks have to be taken sometimes, and the best business people take them despite the possibilities of it going wrong, because if it goes right, who knows?
6. 'The more he gave away, the more delighted he became' – Marcus Pfister, The Rainbow Fish
Charity work is important and fulfilling, not just good for business and CSR.
7. 'Grab a chance and you won’t be sorry for a might-have-been' – Arthur Ransome, We didn’t Mean to Go to Sea
Take the chances offered to you and you’ll have no regrets.
8. 'We must all face the choice between what is right and what is easy' – J. K. Rowling, Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire
Fairly self-explanatory. Always do the right thing, be compliant, and don’t just take the easy way out.
9. 'A person is a person, no matter how small' – Dr Seuss, Horton Hears a Who
It does not matter what level in the company you are, you matter. Equally, every individual deserves respect, time, and appreciation, no matter who they are.
10. 'Any problem can be solved between people if only they can trust each other' – Michael Morpurgo, War Horse
Trust is so important among employees and employers in order for a collaborative, engaged and successful team to exist