Stress Awareness Month has been held every April (the month I was born … my mum would probably say there is a link there) since 1992. During the month, healthcare professionals and health promotion experts across the country will join forces to increase public awareness about both the causes and the cures for our modern stress epidemic. So, to help you, here are my top tips for fighting stress!
1. Eat healthily – We take wellbeing seriously at theblueballroom with our Fruity Friday and Water Wednesdays; by upping your intake of fruits and vegetables, you can boost your immune system and antioxidant levels leading to stress release.
2. Ask a friend for help – A problem shared is a problem halved!
3. Be active – Go for a walk, go to the gym or have a dance! It’s good to get your mind off work, plus it’s fun!
4. Stay organised – Even if it is 10,000 lists and sticky notes.
5. Sleep well – Make sure you get enough sleep every night so you don’t end up napping on the job.
6. Take 10mins out of your day to listen to a guided meditation. You will be left feeling relaxed, calm and ready to go back to your day: https://youtu.be/o94tvFUttco
7. Have a goal to work towards – Cocktails on Friday night would work for me!
8. Keep smiling!
9. Take a break – 10 minutes or a holiday if it’s really needed!
AND IF ALL ELSE FAILS …
10. EAT CAKE!