Salary: £50k–£60k per annum
Closing date: Friday 17th March 2017
theblueballroom is an ambitious, growing internal communications agency based in Farnham, Surrey. We’re looking for a proactive Account Director to work on internal communications accounts, across multi-media platforms with a wide variety of clients. We need someone who’s highly motivated and confident to work in close partnership with the Managing Director, to develop and grow client relationships and support our business growth.
Key Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Act as a respected and trusted strategic adviser to clients, building deep, lasting relationships with them
- Take all necessary measures to gain a full understanding of the client’s business, issues, opportunities and objectives
- Work with the Managing Director (MD) and the Marketing and New Business Manager to proactively develop ideas, strategic proposals and presentations aimed at driving the client’s business forward and, by doing so, developing business for the agency
- Ensure correct internal processes are in place and being used by the team, to enable the efficient running of the account management function. Including completion of cost bags, individual timesheets and timely generation of invoices to clients
- Manage and identify new suppliers of communications resource, (such as researchers, designers, copywriters) whether external suppliers or members of staff
- Strive to produce challenging, award-winning and effective creative solutions
- Understand the value of a creative idea and mentor the junior account handling team in this
- Ensure that all work developed and presented is relevant, on brief and in keeping with the client’s brand objectives
- Work with account managers to develop a clear annual plan for the development of each accoun
- Build the trust of each client through clear direction, honesty and integrity
- Manage the wider account team, supporting on your projects/accounts effectively and clearly. Ensuring all members of the team understand their responsibilities and expectations
- Manage the MD’s time effectively to make sure they’re aware of all key developments and are involved as necessary
- Make sure the team provides clients with a consistent high standard of service
- Act as mentor to each member of the account team to help develop their skills and experience
- Conduct regular reviews with all team members, setting and agreeing clear objectives, involving HR and the MD as required, including annual Performance Development Reviews
- Take responsibility for recruiting new team members, as and when necessary
- Ensure your team members are supported in terms of delivery at all times
- Take responsibility for the long and short term income of each account
- Strive to achieve financial targets as agreed with the MD
- Take responsibility for the day-to-day financial management of accounts, including estimating and billing with support from Account Managers
- Provide weekly updates to the MD as required
- Provide financial forecasts each month for a three-monthly period. Making sure they are as accurate as possible, and understand why this is important
- Considerable experience working in the communications industry, preferably with a period of time spent in an agency
- A deep understanding of the internal communications industry
- The confidence, ability and credibility to deal with, and earn the respect of, senior clients and agency teams
- Demonstrate a track record of developing, implementing and managing complex, multi-media, communications programmes for major brands
- Be able to develop sound strategic ideas and proposals
- Have good written skills with the ability to write clear, thought-provoking creative briefs, presentations and proposals
- Be confident at presenting both strategic ideas and creative work
- Demonstrate good creative judgement
- Have experience of developing campaigns across a broad range of different media
- Have strong communications skills and the ability to build strong relationships internally and externally
- The ability to inspire, motivate and drive all members of the agency team
This role requires regular overseas travel. Therefore, you must have the ability to travel as and when required dependent on business requirements.
Living and breathing our brand values:
INSPIRING: We excite and motivate clients with our fresh thinking and original ideas.
BOLD: We challenge ourselves and our clients to think differently and be truly innovative.
COLLABORATIVE: We make a difference by working closely with our colleagues and our clients.
HONEST: We behave with integrity, sincerity and fairness.
ALWAYS LEARNING: We constantly seek out new skills, knowledge and opportunities to improve
To apply please submit your CV and cover letter to email@example.com
Closing date: 17th March 2017